If you want to foster freedom to undermine trust in our most democratic institutions, then you will certainly want to vote Republican in the midterms this November.
The GOP has other goodies to offer. They include:
1. More prosecution for marijuana use. Read here about Younkin.
2. Highly restricted voting rights in states with GOP controlled legislatures. The GOP is very afraid of easier but proven honest balloting might allow more poor minorities to vote.
3. Republicans are particularly frightened by immigrants but won’t join Democrats to seek an urgent and long overdue fix to the present malaise. Why? It would lose them a campaign issue, something this non governing, no future plans except “no” party can ill afford. Remember the No Nothing Party of the 1850’s went under to the GOP in 1860 with Lincoln’s election.
4. Then in many stares controlled by G0P legislators, punitive anti-choice legislation has already been enacted, anticipating the Supreme Court’s June killing of Roe as you can read here. Subject: Republicans enacting a wave of new abortion restrictions.
Kentucky. Florida. Oklahoma. In one week, 3 more states enacted unconstitutional anti-abortion laws. This year alone, states across the U.S. have introduced over 500 anti-abortion bills. We must pass the Women's Health Protection Act.https://t.co/l4lrclC1D7
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) April 17, 2022
5. Utter distaste for our LGBT citizens.
6. One might ask after nearly 50 years of choice, why did mostly male GOP legislators and a few misguided women, they mostly past childbearing, get the right to murder poor young women who didn’t want fetal tissue to impact their future lives’ options?
7. Then of course you have the freedom (for now at least) to vote for a party controlled by a practicing felon to whom “alternative facts” still dominate his claims of election fraud.
Inflation mostly came with Putin’s war, but the attempted desecration of our precious sustaining elements of our democracy such as the right to vote will be given the freedom with a GOP controlled Congress to intensify the wealth gap that is destroying faith in our democracy.
So hate Biden, as do so many GOP pseudo freedom mongers, but hold your nose if necessary and avoid more fatal doses of “alternative facts” freedom which the GOP is constantly peddling.
Most Americans should be impressed with Biden’s measured handling of Putin’s dangerous war which likely will continue long past the midterms.
I imagine sophisticated observers such as moderate NY Times columnist David Brooks is relieved our Putin loving ex-President isn’t still in office to offer Putin more accolades!
Should the Ukrainian War be decided before the midterms the Congress will not go Republican in November.
Seems obvious that the alternative to Biden is not an option if we want our republic to prosper.
I loved a cartoon I saw recently which features a white man kneeling before a large cross as he says, “Dear Lord, please find it in your heart to inflict some unimaginable suffering and misery on the American people so that we Republicans can blame it on Joe Biden. Amen”.
— Church and State (@ChurchAndStateN) April 19, 2022
If not Biden, which of these morally impaired GOP candidates do you vote for?
The above partial list of GOP “gifts” should suffice to keep voters from wanting more of the same in November.
"What Can Be Done Now to Save Habitable Life on Planet Earth?": https://t.co/fHuh0CG6JD
"We Humans Overwhelm Our Earth: 11 or 2 Billion by 2100?": https://t.co/TA4j7cp1tE
"From the Dissident Left: A Collection of Essays 2004-2013": https://t.co/lkC2t3E1A9 pic.twitter.com/bQsL2mLBcO
— Church and State (@ChurchAndStateN) November 1, 2021
Trump Goes After The ‘Big 12’ GOP Incumbents For The Midterms
Making Moves Ahead Of The Midterms
How the GOP Entrenched Minority Rule in America | NowThis
What Happens To Abortion Rights If The Supreme Court Overrules Roe v. Wade?
Be sure to ‘like’ us on Facebook